Arbor Biosciences is a fast-growing organization focused on delivering cost-effective research tools to the molecular and synthetic biology research communities. We pride ourselves on operating in a collaborative manner with our clients to deliver novel and custom solutions for their unique applications. We are a rapidly growing organization with excellent opportunities for career development.
We are seeking an outgoing and experienced individual to join our target enrichment & next-generation sequencing (NGS) team. The ideal candidate will have experience with NGS experimental design and bioinformatic analysis in an academic or industry setting, and will be enthusiastic about helping our clients design custom targeted sequencing solutions. This individual will work closely with existing and prospective customers, as well as our internal team of scientists, to provide technical guidance regarding the choice and use of the appropriate Arbor Biosciences products.
In this position, the candidate will directly communicate with domestic and international clients who are interested in our targeted sequencing offerings. The candidate will generate custom probe designs using command-line programs and assist in experimental design and technical support. In addition to technical familiarity with NGS library preparation and data analysis, this position requires creative, flexible thinking in order to accurately manage solutions for a wide array of customer research interests. A background in one or more of our customers’ common fields of expertise is highly desired: plant or animal genetics, phylogenetics, evolutionary biology, disease research, etc. This position does not involve benchwork, though experience on the bench is an asset.
- Experimental design and execution using NGS techniques
- Strong familiarity with genomics/phylogenetics research priorities
- Adept with Linux OS, basic scripting, and command-line program usage
- Excellent written and verbal skills for client communication (email, phone, video-chat)
- Commitment to high standards of customer service and research quality
- Willingness to travel occasionally to professional meetings
- Masters or PhD degree (or equivalent job experience) using NGS techniques
- Advanced working knowledge of computer programming for bioinformatics
- Experience with NGS targeted sequencing (e.g. authorship of academic publication)
- Experience with NGS for challenging materials, such as degraded or low-input samples
References are required and will be contacted.
Arbor Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3 years of Next-Gen Sequencing
Education: Bachelors or higher
Required work authorization: United States
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume as a pdf document via email to email@example.com. Positions and applications will not be discussed over the phone.