Arbor Biosciences is composed of a passionate group of scientists who are dedicated to developing cost-effective, user-friendly products for researchers in the fields of genetics and synthetic biology.
We maintain a friendly, can-do attitude throughout the organization which allows for a collaborative process of success. While we work hard at delivering new products to the market and completing service projects for collaborators, team building and social activities are planned throughout the year to celebrate our efforts. We offer an extensive benefits package including; comprehensive health insurance, matching 401k retirement plan, and considerable paid-time off (PTO) to all employees. If this describes the type of organization you would like to work for, then please review our current career opportunities below.
Learn more about our wonderful hometown, Ann Arbor, Michigan: www.VisitAnnArbor.org
We currently have the following positions open at Arbor Biosciences:
Office Administrator – Ann Arbor, MI
Arbor Biosciences has a current opening for an Office Administrator who will provide administrative support and coordinate some office activities while primarily supporting Human Resources, Sales Department and senior leadership, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist HR Director with local HR activities, such as:
- Properly and confidentially complete and maintain records, documentation and files, particularly more complex or sensitive files
- Assist with compliance training, performance planning process
- Recruiting responsibilities include job postings, resume review, applicant communication, interview scheduling, new hire paperwork and onboarding
- Event planning and coordination
Assist Sales department with:
- Generating quotes across product lines in Sage 100
- Company/Person/Opportunity/Quote data entry
- Clean up duplicate information in database
- Reorganize and assist with a smooth integration of CRM database
- Fulfill any necessary administrative tasks to complete/process Orders
- Provide documentation for vendor/supplier registration
- Answer non-technical and FAQ email inquiries
- Retrieve and distribute mail
- Primary contact for incoming telephone calls
- Will provide administrative support on an as-needed basis for Sr. Leadership
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must maintain confidentiality and be highly trustworthy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and function efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Basic familiarity with typical office equipment operation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent required
- Preferred: Associate’s degree in office administration, human resources or related field preferred.
- Minimum one year of office administrative experience required.
- Experience with CRM database is preferred
For consideration, please click link and apply:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Research Associate – Next Generation Sequencing
We are looking for a trained molecular biologist with experience working with DNA and/or RNA to perform laboratory experiments as part of our client service offerings.
Routine activities of this role will involve evaluating client-provided DNA/RNA samples, converting them to NGS sequencing libraries, enriching them with hybridization probes, and amplifying them with PCR. Research & development activities using the same skills are also common. Fundamental understanding of the concepts and methods of PCR, ligation and other enzymatic reactions, strong laboratory skills, organizational skills, note-taking diligence, and attention to detail are key.
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 1 year of molecular biology laboratory work
- Adept in sterile laboratory technique
- Familiar with DNA quantification using UV spectrometer, fluorometer, gel electrophoresis, and/or Bioanalyzer
- Experience preparing and executing enzymatic reactions (e.g., PCR, qPCR, ligations)
- Skilled in calculating molecular quantity from volume and concentration in both mass and molarity
- Excellent lab space organization and notebook record-keeping
- Strong ability to manage work on multiple simultaneous projects of varying size
- Adept with Windows and spreadsheet software
- Works well both independently and with a small team
- Familiar with RNA handling techniques
- Familiar with NGS sample preparation and sequencing platforms (e.g., Illumina, Ion Torrent)
- Familiar with sample preparation and sequencing on long-read platforms (e.g. PacBio, Oxford Nanopore)
- Familiar with automation platforms for sample workflow
- Flexibility in work hours (occasionally stay late or come in early)
Sales Manager – Biotech
This position has primary responsibility for the sale of our products for targeted next-generation sequencing (NGS) and cytogenomics, synthetic biology and DNA/RNA synthesis technology whose services are based in Ann Arbor, MI. The Sales Manager must build a comprehensive sales plan to include all elements necessary to meet or exceed all goals for sales growth, profitability and customer satisfaction in the U.S. and global markets. Base location of this role is negotiable.
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan to increase revenue and effectively prepare for expansion into additional market segments.
- Develop current and future sales team members to effectively support growth.
- Responsible for the management of US Arbor sales team and relationship management with international distribution networks for all product and service lines.
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan. budget; monitors and approves expenses.
- Researches and recommends trade association meetings and conferences to attend as a company representative.
- Hires and trains sales staff as organization grows.
- Travel up to 70% domestically and abroad.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of all of Arbor Biosciences’ products, services and competitors.
- Collaborate with product and technical managers in order to develop clear and concise product and service strategies/business plans for both current and future targeted markets.
- Provide accurate and timely business forecast on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis for both potential and current customers.
- Review and analyze sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets.
- Demonstrate proficiency with all current sales, marketing, and administrative tools, including CSM and other sales revenue tracking software.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Hires, trains and directs sales staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
Education and Experience:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Working knowledge of CSM software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences
- Comparable record of sales leadership and revenue generation in and outside of the United States required.
- At least 10 years of sales experience and a minimum of 5 years managing and directing a sales team is required.
- Must have a proven track record of developing business with major business accounts in the Life Sciences field.
- Proven experience in Strategic and Consultative Selling with excellent group and one- on-one presentation skills.
- Excellent communications and teamwork skills are required to work effectively internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to determine customers’ needs through a consultative process, and to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels within assigned accounts, including technical contacts within the R&D departments and at executive levels.
- Forecasting capabilities must be highly developed as well as the ability to create other reports accurately and on time as required.
Additionally, we always welcome qualified interested candidates to contact us to be considered for future positions. To do so, please send your professional resume via email only to email@example.com. Thank you!
Arbor Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.