Arbor Biosciences produces oligonucleotide-based probes and fluorescent FISH tags for imaging at the subcellular level, chromosome painting and genome organization in the cell. We are currently seeking an expert in FISH ( Fluorescent in situ Hybridization) to join our development team.
The successful candidate will lead research & development of our oligonucleotide-based fluorescent probes and FISH tags. Activities include:
- Development of enhanced RNA-FISH & DNA-FISH probes
- Protocol development and optimization
- Evaluation of various commercial technologies
- Development of applications-based protocols for sales & marketing
- Provide customer support in design and selection process
The ideal candidate will have have a molecular biology degree and several years of experience with using RNA- and DNA-FISH probes. They will have planned, executed, and analyzed experiments for chromosomal or transcript analysis that relied on fluorescent reporters. Experience with RNA-FISH, chromosome painting or cytogenetics is a plus.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- M.S. (or equivalent job experience) involving FISH
- Familiar with Fluorescent in situ Hybridization its common research applications
- Excellent molecular biology skills and laboratory fundamentals
- Experience with microscopy and fluorescence imaging
- Strong communication skills of scientific findings and interpretation of data
- Creative, energetic, self-motivated
- Versed in RNA-FISH protocol development and techniques
- Familiar with commercial providers of FISH related products
- Experienced leading independent research projects
References are required and will be contacted.
Arbor Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer
Experience: 3 years of FISH
Required work authorization: United States
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume as a pdf document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions and applications will not be discussed over the phone.