Arbor Biosciences is composed of a passionate group of scientists who are dedicated to developing cost-effective, user-friendly products for researchers in the fields of genetics and synthetic biology.
We maintain a friendly, can-do attitude throughout the organization which allows for a collaborative process of success. While we work hard at delivering new products to the market and completing service projects for collaborators, team building and social activities are planned throughout the year to celebrate our efforts. We offer an extensive benefits package including; comprehensive health insurance, matching 401k retirement plan, and considerable paid-time off (PTO) to all employees. If this describes the type of organization you would like to work for, then please review our current career opportunities below.
Learn more about our wonderful hometown, Ann Arbor, Michigan: www.VisitAnnArbor.org
We currently have the following positions open at Arbor Biosciences:
Marketing Communications Specialist
The Marketing Communications Specialist will promote the company’s products and services to existing and prospective customers through strategic use of graphics, logos, and other promotional products, will coordinate trade show registration and participation; will serve as a liaison for vendors and sales team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with sales or marketing representatives to fully understand product and communication needs.
- Draft and propose communication campaigns, which may include social and online media, email blasts, print media, direct mail and other multimedia. Evaluate, document and present success of campaigns when completed.
- Assist with the production of company marketing materials in coordination with advertising agencies (advertisements, show banners, literature and any other marketing materials.)
- Present design ideas and recommendations to marketing manager, committee or sales team.
- Assess and update Google analytics, key words, SEO
- Coordinate activities related to trade show participation including application submission, attendee registration, hotel arrangements, ordering booth supplies, shipments and other miscellaneous duties. Attend tradeshows and staff the company booth as necessary.
- Maintain the Arbor website with informational show updates, HR information and other miscellaneous updates as necessary.
- Some travel required to trade shows and corporate headquarters in West Chester, PA
- Provide regular status updates to Marketing Manager on projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have ability to work independently and effectively
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, adept with social media communications, knowledge of WordPress, Google Ads/Analytics
- Experience in life sciences industry not required, but will be a plus
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, Communications, or related field
3 – 5 years of related experience in an advertising, PR agency or corporate environment handling multiple concurrent projects; experience writing and editing projects; portfolio of relevant previous projects highly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to lift literature boxes and shipping crates, weighing up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to assemble and break down tradeshow booth equipment
- Some travel required to trade shows and corporate headquarters in West Chester, PA
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Research Associate – Next Generation Sequencing
We are looking for a trained molecular biologist with experience working with DNA and/or RNA to perform laboratory experiments as part of our client service offerings.
Routine activities of this role will involve evaluating client-provided DNA/RNA samples, converting them to NGS sequencing libraries, enriching them with hybridization probes, and amplifying them with PCR. Research & development activities using the same skills are also common. Fundamental understanding of the concepts and methods of PCR, ligation and other enzymatic reactions, strong laboratory skills, organizational skills, note-taking diligence, and attention to detail are key.
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 1 year of molecular biology laboratory work
- Adept in sterile laboratory technique
- Familiar with DNA quantification using UV spectrometer, fluorometer, gel electrophoresis, and/or Bioanalyzer
- Experience preparing and executing enzymatic reactions (e.g., PCR, qPCR, ligations)
- Skilled in calculating molecular quantity from volume and concentration in both mass and molarity
- Excellent lab space organization and notebook record-keeping
- Strong ability to manage work on multiple simultaneous projects of varying size
- Adept with Windows and spreadsheet software
- Works well both independently and with a small team
- Familiar with RNA handling techniques
- Familiar with NGS sample preparation and sequencing platforms (e.g., Illumina, Ion Torrent)
- Familiar with sample preparation and sequencing on long-read platforms (e.g. PacBio, Oxford Nanopore)
- Familiar with automation platforms for sample workflow
- Flexibility in work hours (occasionally stay late or come in early)
Please include your resume and cover letter when applying to this link:
Sales Manager – Biotech
This position has primary responsibility for the sale of our products for targeted next-generation sequencing (NGS) and cytogenomics, synthetic biology and DNA/RNA synthesis technology whose services are based in Ann Arbor, MI. The Sales Manager must build a comprehensive sales plan to include all elements necessary to meet or exceed all goals for sales growth, profitability and customer satisfaction in the U.S. and global markets. Base location of this role is negotiable.
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan to increase revenue and effectively prepare for expansion into additional market segments.
- Develop current and future sales team members to effectively support growth.
- Responsible for the management of US Arbor sales team and relationship management with international distribution networks for all product and service lines.
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan. budget; monitors and approves expenses.
- Researches and recommends trade association meetings and conferences to attend as a company representative.
- Hires and trains sales staff as organization grows.
- Travel up to 70% domestically and abroad.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of all of Arbor Biosciences’ products, services and competitors.
- Collaborate with product and technical managers in order to develop clear and concise product and service strategies/business plans for both current and future targeted markets.
- Provide accurate and timely business forecast on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis for both potential and current customers.
- Review and analyze sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets.
- Demonstrate proficiency with all current sales, marketing, and administrative tools, including CSM and other sales revenue tracking software.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Hires, trains and directs sales staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
Education and Experience:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Working knowledge of CSM software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences
- Comparable record of sales leadership and revenue generation in and outside of the United States required.
- At least 10 years of sales experience and a minimum of 5 years managing and directing a sales team is required.
- Must have a proven track record of developing business with major business accounts in the Life Sciences field.
- Proven experience in Strategic and Consultative Selling with excellent group and one- on-one presentation skills.
- Excellent communications and teamwork skills are required to work effectively internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to determine customers’ needs through a consultative process, and to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels within assigned accounts, including technical contacts within the R&D departments and at executive levels.
- Forecasting capabilities must be highly developed as well as the ability to create other reports accurately and on time as required.
Additionally, we always welcome qualified interested candidates to contact us to be considered for future positions. To do so, please send your professional resume via email only to email@example.com. Thank you!
Arbor Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.