Daicel Arbor Biosciences is composed of a passionate group of scientists who are dedicated to developing cost-effective, user-friendly products for researchers in the fields of genetics and synthetic biology.
We maintain a friendly, can-do attitude throughout the organization which allows for a collaborative process of success. While we work hard at delivering new products to the market and completing service projects for collaborators, team building and social activities are planned throughout the year to celebrate our efforts. We offer an extensive benefits package including; comprehensive health insurance, matching 401k retirement plan, and considerable paid-time off (PTO) to all employees. If this describes the type of organization you would like to work for, then please review our current career opportunities below.
Learn more about our wonderful hometown, Ann Arbor, Michigan: www.VisitAnnArbor.org
We currently have the following position open at Daicel Arbor Biosciences:
Customer Care Specialist – Ann Arbor, MI
Daicel Arbor Biosciences has a current opening for a Customer Care Specialist to provide customer service and handle shipping needs for Daicel Arbor Biosciences. The selected candidate will support the sales team, respond to customer needs in a prompt, effective and professional manner and ensure the customer’s needs are met. Fully responsible for the order shipment process including international shipments requiring a high level of attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of:
• Daicel Arbor Biosciences product offerings
• Sage 100 and Sage CRM (quotes, sales orders, accounts receivable and inventory)
• Provide timely and accurate quotes for sales team
• Accurately process sales orders from origin through shipment, paying special attention to international shipments requiring high level of detail
• Obtain necessary sales tax information including exemption certificates during new customer set-up
• Check current credit limits when processing orders and advise Sales and Accounting departments of any credit issues prior to shipment
• As needed, operate as the point of contact between customers and sales representatives to streamline communications
• Identify and forward sales opportunities to sales representatives
• Provide phone based support to answer and resolve a wide variety of customer inquiries
• Document outcomes and steps taken when dealing with uncommon or challenging issues.
• Update customer files and databases in Sage CRM and Sage 100 and others as required.
• In-office point of contact for receipts of lab products and supplies.
• Perform routine clerical duties (e.g. filing customer invoices, recording, logging, preparing records) as required.
• Actively work to assist customers and coworkers
• Share responsibility for Inventory Purchasing to support Accounting Administrator as needed
• Must be able to work well within a small company culture
• Must be a team player
• Demonstrate a high level of ethical professionalism and discretion
• Possess exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Possess problem solving skills
• Capable of managing multiple priorities with attention to detail
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word); Experience with Sage 100 Accounting software and Sage CRM is preferred, but not required.
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience
• 1-3 years of customer service or inside sales support experience
• 1-2 years of shipping experience
• DOT training in shipment of hazardous goods preferred but not required
For consideration, please click link and apply:
Please send your professional resume via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, we always welcome qualified interested candidates to contact us to be considered for future positions. Thank you!
Daicel Arbor Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.