Daicel Arbor Biosciences is composed of a passionate group of scientists who are dedicated to developing cost-effective, user-friendly products for researchers in the fields of genetics and synthetic biology.
We maintain a friendly, can-do attitude throughout the organization which allows for a collaborative process of success. While we work hard at delivering new products to the market and completing service projects for collaborators, team building and social activities are planned throughout the year to celebrate our efforts. We offer an extensive benefits package including; comprehensive health insurance, matching 401k retirement plan, and considerable paid-time off (PTO) to all employees. If this describes the type of organization you would like to work for, then please review our current career opportunities below.
Learn more about our wonderful hometown, Ann Arbor, Michigan: www.VisitAnnArbor.org
We currently have the following position open at Daicel Arbor Biosciences:
Lab Production Manager – DNA Synthesis – Ann Arbor, MI
Daicel Arbor Biosciences continued growth growth has led to a unique opportunity for a qualified DNA Synthesis Lab Production Manager to join our team. This is a hands-on role with responsibility for massively parallel DNA synthesis. Production of 80% of Daicel Arbor Biosciences product lines begin with chemically synthesizing DNA on glass substrates. The Lab Production Manager will oversee all aspects of the DNA synthesis process from substrate functionalization to DNA synthesis and DNA cleavage off the substrate. Essential responsibilities include:
• Oversee the DNA synthesis lab organization, operation and safety
• Must be fully capable and prepared to provide bench support for any part of the DNA synthesis process
• Organize projects in the DNA synthesis queue into production batches
• Communicate daily with Product Managers to determine production needs
• Maintain detailed and accurate production records and report production progress daily
• Responsible for Arbor Bioscience’s proprietary DNA synthesizers, including routine operations, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Supervise technical staff
• Develop and maintain supply chain relationships
• Oversee inventory control of essential reagents and supplies
In order to be successful in this role, applicants must have the following qualifications:
• Proven ability to successfully operate, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment , especially instruments with fluidics components (miniature pumps, valves and lines) with delicate moving parts
• Ability to effectively manage a production laboratory staff and facility
• Must be highly detail-oriented with good instincts on mechanical and fluidic processes
• High degree of computer/technical proficiency; Experience in programming a plus
• Background in DNA synthesis chemistry and technology
• Experience working with highly refined, small instruments; Comfortable with electronic fluidics equipment, hardware maintenance and troubleshooting
• Must work within OSHA guidelines and be compliant with all safety protocols
• Position requires flexibility according to workload fluctuations, some work must be performed off hours and on weekends
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s degree in life sciences/engineering field
• Preference for chemical, biomedical, mechanical engineering or related discipline
• 10 years’ relevant industry/lab production experience
• Previous experience managing or assisting in a DNA synthesis facility is preferred
Customer Care Specialist – Ann Arbor, MI
CUSTOMER CARE SPECIALIST
We have a current opportunity for a Customer Care Specialist to provide customer service and handle shipping needs for Daicel Arbor Biosciences. The selected candidate will support the sales team, respond to customer needs in a prompt, effective and professional manner and ensure the customer’s needs are met. Fully responsible for the order shipment process including international shipments requiring a high level of attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of:
• Daicel Arbor Biosciences product offerings
• Sage 100 and Sage CRM (quotes, sales orders, accounts receivable and inventory)
• Provide timely and accurate quotes for sales team
• Accurately process sales orders from origin through shipment, paying special attention to international shipments requiring high level of detail
• Obtain necessary sales tax information including exemption certificates during new customer set-up
• Check current credit limits when processing orders and advise Sales and Accounting departments of any credit issues prior to shipment
• As needed, operate as the point of contact between customers and sales representatives to streamline communications
• Identify and forward sales opportunities to sales representatives
• Provide phone based support to answer and resolve a wide variety of customer inquiries
• Document outcomes and steps taken when dealing with uncommon or challenging issues.
• Update customer files and databases in Sage CRM and Sage 100 and others as required.
• In-office point of contact for receipts of lab products and supplies.
• Perform routine clerical duties (e.g. filing customer invoices, recording, logging, preparing records) as required.
• Actively work to assist customers and coworkers
• Share responsibility for Inventory Purchasing to support Accounting Administrator as needed
• Must be able to work well within a small company culture
• Must be a team player
• Demonstrate a high level of ethical professionalism and discretion
• Possess exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Possess problem solving skills
• Capable of managing multiple priorities with attention to detail
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word); Experience with Sage 100 Accounting software and Sage CRM is preferred, but not required.
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience
• 1-3 years of customer service or inside sales support experience
• 1-2 years of shipping experience
• DOT training in shipment of hazardous goods preferred but not required
Please send your professional resume via email only to email@example.com. Additionally, we always welcome qualified interested candidates to contact us to be considered for future positions. Thank you!
Daicel Arbor Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.