Daicel Arbor Biosciences is composed of a passionate group of scientists who are dedicated to developing cost-effective, user-friendly products for researchers in the fields of genetics and synthetic biology.
We maintain a friendly, can-do attitude throughout the organization which allows for a collaborative process of success. While we work hard at delivering new products to the market and completing service projects for collaborators, team building and social activities are planned throughout the year to celebrate our efforts. We offer an extensive benefits package including; comprehensive health insurance, matching 401k retirement plan, and considerable paid-time off (PTO) to all employees. If this describes the type of organization you would like to work for, then please review our current career opportunities below.
Learn more about our wonderful hometown, Ann Arbor, Michigan: www.VisitAnnArbor.org
We currently have the following position open at Daicel Arbor Biosciences:
Marketing Director – Ann Arbor, MI
Daicel Arbor Biosciences has a current opening for a Marketing Director. This opportunity is perfect for an experienced and innovative individual who is excited to develop and oversee a comprehensive marketing program for the Life Sciences community. The ideal candidate will be strategic, creative, detail-oriented and adept at multi-tasking. Working closely with the Sales Team, selected candidate will manage a multi-pronged effort to expand company presence in the market and increase revenue. Specific responsibilities include:
• Thorough understanding of competitive landscape and emerging technologies, products and services relevant for the NGS/genomics and Synthetic Biology/Biotechnology markets
• Assist in identification of new market segments that will benefit from the company’s offerings
• Develop strategic, multi-channel integrated marketing plans, including customer segmentation, competitor analysis, business trends, market opportunities, and staging and pacing of marketing tactical activities
• Propose and execute on customer and market research programs to provide key market insights and actionable business outcomes
• Create, develop and implement marketing plans, product concepts, and promotional programs to drive interest and sales
• Collaborate with and ensure the alignment of sales and technical team leaders to develop and implement marketing and branding strategies for new and existing products
• Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget
• Understand and interpret key marketing performance metrics and apply tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for marketing team
• Spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of marketing campaigns, including tracking, results reporting, analysis, and recommendations
• Help to identify, attend and/or participate at conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, preparing engaging displays and collateral as needed, and providing post-event reports and analysis
• Recruit, interview, hire and train staff in the department. Delegate responsibilities appropriately
• Oversee and organize the daily workflow of the marketing communications team and provide guidance on prioritization of activities
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s degree in life sciences field. Advanced degree desirable.
• 7+ years of experience in:
o marketing life sciences products and services for both academic and commercial users
o designing and implementing strategies to reach academic, biotech, pharmaceutical and/or agricultural research and production customers
o building new marketing plans and capabilities from the ground up
o playing an integral role in product launch processes
o working simultaneously and collaboratively with both commercial and technical teams
• Proven track record of digital and print marketing, content marketing and effective and innovative social media marketing
• Adept at marketing both highly customized and broad-use products with different placement in life sciences project life cycles
• Scientific proficiency in technologies used in genomics, cytogenomics, Synthetic biology knowledge preferred.
• Exceptional skill managing complex marketing projects, from conception through analysis
• Adept at building and maintaining relationships with key partners for co-marketing activities
• Ability to work in an international, fast-paced environment, adapt to changing priorities, manage heavy workload while delivering results
• Proficiency with WordPress, content management systems, and design software
• Skilled at utilizing automated marketing platforms and CRM
• Understanding of data and communications handling in accordance to privacy laws (GDPR, for example)
• Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to lead, manage and inspire teams
• Proven track record of positive collaboration with a variety of personalities and skill sets
• Creativity and willingness to try new things
• A team player with positive attitude and solution-oriented thinking that takes responsibility for actions
• Ability to clearly communicate decisions & rationale
• Ability to travel up to 30% of time
Please send your professional resume via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, we always welcome qualified interested candidates to contact us to be considered for future positions. Thank you!
Daicel Arbor Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.