Like probe-based hybridization capture technology (e.g., myBaits®), the CRISPR/Cas system can be used for targeted high-throughput sequencing. The several reported techniques (see below) are extremely versatile, and have been coupled with both short-read Illumina and long-read PacBio and Oxford Nanopore platforms.
- Excise fragments from high-molecular-weight DNA and ligate sequencing adapters
- Bind inactive Cas to dsDNA without denaturation, and pull-down with streptavidin beads
- Resolve genomic regions too complex for short-molecule sequence capture.
- Cleave unwanted molecules in NGS libraries
- Mitochondrial template depletion in ATAC-seq libraries
- Repeat element depletion in WGS libraries
Leverage Arbor’s ultra-efficient nucleic acid synthesis technology for your next CRISPR/Cas-driven targeted sequencing project!