Due to high endogenous copy numbers of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) in each cell, it provides a favorable recovery from a variety of sample sources, even degraded or environmental DNA. Given the abundance of sample DNA and reduced genome size of mitochondria, this technique delivers a cost-effective solution for efficient mtDNA enrichment and NGS analysis for a range of human and other animal species. The haploid, maternally-inherited mitogenome has been a popular target for a variety of genetics research applications.
myBaits Mito panels from Daicel Arbor Biosciences are pre-designed with bait length, tiling density, and bait concentration appropriate for enriching mtDNA from any type of specimen, whether fresh, agricultural, environmental, forensic, ancient, or archival material. myBaits Mito panels are offered from a wide variety of organisms, including those highly relevant for archaeological or forensic research such as human, dog, horse, sheep, and many more.
- Predesigned panels – Optimized performance for immediate results
- Simple protocol – Perfect for new or expert NGS users
- Versatile sample type – Works even in samples with degraded or ancient DNA
- Wide selection – Mix-and-match different panels for multi-species studies
- Expandable – Combine with custom baits for additional flexibility