Combining the flexible hybridization power of in-solution target capture with an expertly selected set of orthologous locus sequences, this new probe set has been demonstrated to enrich hundreds of putatively single-copy protein-coding genes across a broad range of angiosperms (flowering plants). Probes were designed from 353 loci, each with 5-15 representative sequences from across all angiosperms which were selected using a novel “k-medoids clustering approach” to maximize taxonomic breadth of the design (Johnson, Pokorny, Dodsworth et al 2018, Systematic Biology).
These probes are broadly applicable for phylogenetic research across all flowering plants, and the kit is available from Daicel Arbor Biosciences as an in-stock catalog kit available for immediate shipment at a low per-reaction cost. As with all myBaits kits, the Angiosperms353 panel is provided as a complete solution target capture kit, including buffers, blockers, and baits, along with an easy-to-use protocol. Or if you would prefer to outsource the work, our myReads NGS service expert scientists are available to perform library preparation, target capture, and sequencing for your entire project.
- Predesigned Panel – Designed by expert plant geneticists
- Proven results – Demonstrated utility across broad taxonomic range
- Freely accessible pipelines – Simple, user-friendly data analysis
- Cost-effective – Use one bait set across multiple distantly-related taxa
In honor of the latest dual special issues of the American Journal of Botany and Applications in Plant Sciences, devoted to the use of the Angiosperms353 panel for a diverse range of flowering plant genetics research, we are offering a one-time discount on kits and related NGS services for this powerful plant phylogenetics toolkit.
* 10% savings on myBaits Expert Angiosperms353 Kit, including 8, 48, 96 reactions (Promo code: AB_Ang353_Kit_2021_10).
*5% savings on myReads Angiosperms353 NGS project, which could cover entire NGS workflow from DNA extraction through data analysis (Promo code: AB_Ang353_Ser_2021_5). Contact us for project discussion.
The following terms and conditions may apply:
1. The promotion may not apply to regions that use a distributor.
2. The promotion cannot be combined with other discounts.
3. These special discounts are valid on orders placed by October 31, 2021.
Be sure to include the appropriate promotion code when you place an order or contact us for any questions.